30 minute Healthy Brownies Recipe Using Olive Honey
Chocolatey, gooey and rich warm brownies with a dollop of ice cream are undoubtedly one of the most beloved desserts! They’re perfect for parties, gatherings, or dinner dates you organize at home. Or even if you just feel like baking to treat yourself.
However, most brownies come loaded with guilt as they’re made with lots of butter and processed sugar. We believe in taking the healthy route without having to compromise on taste and texture.
So we’ve brought you a tasty and healthy brownie recipe that is perfectly fudgy, has a few chocolate chunks in it and comes without the need for processed sugar or butter. Instead, we make use of natural a natural sweetener, our Olive Honey, that comes packed with healthy goodness.
They can be topped with a sprinkle of sea salt for the perfect gourmet complement to these rich, delicious brownies.
You don’t need a ton of crazy ingredients for this recipe either. You might even already have all of them in your pantry. It’s a quick simple one-bowl recipe. Enjoy and indulge. Make a cup of our olive Superteas to sip with it if you’re having a little afternoon snack.
Note: If you prefer to make these without eggs, you can substitute eggs with mashed bananas. We’ve provided this option in the recipe. We also recommend whisking ingredients with a hand whisk.
When you make these amazing brownies, you can show them off on Social Media! Remember to tag us @oleafherbal on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter so we don’t miss your posts and can share them on our page!
- 1 tbsp of cooking coconut Oil (melted) (Or you can use 1 tbsp of butter if you have no coconut oil at hand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large egg whites (Or you can replace this with ½ cup mashed banana which is about 1 banana, please ensure there are no lumps in the mash)
- ¼ cup of greek yoghurt
- 1 cup Olive Honey
- 6 tbsp whole milk
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup of wholewheat brown flour
- 40 g of finely chopped dark chocolate (We used the Lindt 78% dark, 4 squares finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven at 150ºC (or 300ºF). Lightly coat an 8-inch square pan with some cooking oil or butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites (or mashed bananas if you’re not using the eggs), vanilla extract, and salt together. Add in the greek yoghurt and whisk until smooth and lump-free. Now add the olive honey and give it a good whisk.
- Next, add in the milk and mix. Add the cocoa powder and baking powder and fold it in. Next, add the flour and whisk it until a smooth batter is formed.
- Throw in half the chopped chocolates, mix them in and let the batter sit out for 10 minutes.
- Next, pour the batter into the baking pan that we previously lined with butter or oil. Sprinkle the remaining chopped chocolate to the top of the batter.
- Bake it in the oven for 16-17 minutes at 150ºC (300ºF).
- Take it out and let it cool completely for about 2-3 hours.